What is SSL?
The Secure Socket Layer (SSL) and Transport Layer Security (TLS) is the most widely deployed security protocol used today. It is essentially a protocol that provides a secure channel between two machines operating over the Internet or an internal network. In today’s Internet focused world, the SSL protocol is typically used when a web browser needs to securely connect to a web server over the inherently insecure Internet.
SSL Certificates provide solutions that allow companies and consumers to engage in communications and commerce online with confidence. If you are a website owner, a designer, an IT security specialist, a privacy & legal specialist, or a running a website that collects personal customer information, getting an SSL Certificate can help protect your customers and your business.
Some Uses for SSL Certificates Include:
- Securing online credit card transactions
- Securing system login and other sensitive information exchanged online
- Securing webmail and applications like Outlook Web Access, Exchange and Office Communications Server
- Securing workflow and virtualization applications like Citrix Delivery Platforms or cloud-based computing platforms
- Securing the connection between an email client such as Microsoft Outlook and an email server such as Microsoft Exchange
- Securing the transfer of files over https and FTP(s) services
- Securing hosting control panel login and activity like cPanel, and others
- Securing intranet-based traffic such as internal networks, file sharing, extranets, and database connections
- Securing network login and other network traffic with SSL VPNs such as VPN Access Servers or other applications
Code Signing or Driver Signing Certificates
Protect yourself, your customers and your good name with the rock-solid security of a code or driver signing certificate.
- Authenticate the source and integrity of your code
- Eliminate “Unidentified Publisher” warnings
- Inspire confidence from users by showing them your code is trustworthy
- Digitally sign software objects, device drivers, configuration files, macros, and more
Website Protection Site Scanner
Site Scanner identifies mal-ware links and security gaps on your website that could allow a hacker to steal information, vandalize your site or infect your customers.
Certified Domains inspire confidence in visitors by verifying origination of a domain as well as the identity of the domain originator. Gain instant credibility by displaying a Certified Domain seal on your website and WhoIs display.